Thursday, December 28, 2006

Grey

Well, it's grey here. the weather is grey. My mood is grey too. Tomorrow is my last day to work at the library. It is cold and a little damp feeling...i'm guessing it will snow. I don't have another job lined up yet :-( I'm not quite sure what i'm going to do yet. I've NEVER lost a job...and losing a job, even if it was only supposed to be a temporary job, is devastating. However...this yarn makes me feel a little better. It is the epitome of luxury. (i remember always reading that as ep-i -tome with a short e and i and a long o and silent e as a kid) It is a wool silk blend that is slightly more olivey than it looks here...with a bit of khaki blended in. Spinning it was truly fabulous. It is beautiful...soft, fuzzy, GORGEOUS. (Can you tell i love it?) If I don't find a job soon, I will be drowning my sorrow in yarn. Knitting myself out of this funk I'm in.


so, this picture was taken on my "dyeing porch" this morning. where i do all my natural dyeing.


Now...the important question...I'm starting a zine. This will be a small magazine type thing that comes out regularly (I'm not sure if it'll be once or month or every other month). It will be about spinning and dyeing. I'm thinking I'll title it: "Dye and Spin up" but i'm not sure. So...the question is: I'm looking for suggestions about what kind of articles you'd be interested in reading. I think I'll do some interveiws of fiber artists. and clearly how-to's and inspirational pictures are good but...WHAT ELSE? so...I'm looking for a few good suggestions!

2 comments:

Silver said...

Anything on how to do natural dyeing myself would be awesome -- I haven't really started yet, but I want to play with natural dyes. :D Specific breed information is always nice, too, plus technique lessons on how to make specific types of yarn ... and what about projects or suggestions for projects you can make with handspun?

Splindarella said...

How about a "featured homespun pattern" in each issue, either one you design yourself or submitted by one of your readers?