Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Dyeing with Poms

I used dried pomegranite skins that i had saved. Unfortunately, some molded so i ended up throwing almost half of what i had saved away. the dye vat started out yellow and got quite orange but produced no red shades. I got yellows and browns.

Top right: basic yellow--silk w/ alum

bottom right: silk w/ copper
top middle: ammonia and a second boiling of the dye stuffs

bottom middle: second dyeing in ammonia/poms

far left: vinegar added to the original dye vat

Friday, February 15, 2008

For those of you interested...

Here's our new store blog for "Good Yarn @ Smatterings"!
We've gotten our new shipment of yarn from Berocco! OMG. the colors. the feel. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm.

You need to come on in...we're next to Staple and Spice on Mt. Rushmore Rd.


I have been asked often how to wrap a batt into a little's a quick pictorial tutorial.

Sunday, February 03, 2008