Friday, January 30, 2009

News and Gossip (spoiler)

So... news? i'm done with the S&S socks. They are little shorty cuff socks and i've been wearing them ever since i got them blocked. i LOVE them. someone who likes a bit longer socks may want to increase the length of shaft by an inch or so. I had 35 grams of the 100 gram skein left, so there'll be plenty of yarn, if somoene so chooses. They are super comfy... and cute! I've gotten a ton of compliments... from strangers in restaurants... and friends! I think i've convinced about 8 people to start knitting because of these awesome socks! The sock kit is for sale in my store, so even if you did not purchase the club up front, you can now buy it month by month (limited number of extra kits--i'm thinking 8 or 10--i'm not sure, but hurry if you like them, they'll go quick!)

>

>

spoiler coming

>

>

>


MORE news: the Rough Yarn is ready for people to pick their prize. After some thought i'm also going to allow people to pick $10.00 of other yarn instead if they prefer. If you won, look for emails... here's the yarn!


OK, so juicy gossip... and a bit of fun news! This week the gossip that MommaMonkey of Socktopia fame is NOT dead. there is quite a lot of evidence, apparently, that she ducked out of commitments and such by pretending to die of complication related to lupus. Moreover, it is likely that she created a sockpuppet account or two on Ravelry, before she did it, so she could watch the fallout. People lost money... people were hurt... This all coming out in the wake of the MCY scandal...
so, the options are get mad, get even, or point and laugh. I choose the latter. I'm starting a new line of yarn. It's called R.I.P. (Undead yarn)... i have the first colorway dyed up. It's going to be called "SCAB". it's actually really pretty... dark dark reds.... Coming is "I'm Dead"... it'll make it hard to hide. Old Mummy... anyway... I'm pointing and laughing. it's better than crying! SCAB... don't pick!

8 comments:

Turtle said...

the yarns look great, lol love the new colorway names!

EdwardRad said...

Oh my gosh!! I love the Scab colorway!! As soon as I can, I think I'll need to get 2 skeins for my December Socks, this is just gorgeous!!

Also, I can't wait to get started on the J.A. socks, they're so amazing!!

^_^

Aethelflaed said...

Oooh, that's pretty! Like that lovely dark purple color of a really deep bruise. :D

Anonymous said...

I love the socks!!!!! Christmas ia coming soon?

Sharon Ann said...

Okay - I almost peed my pants laughing. OMG......scab. Perfect. Yarn of the dead. Night of the knitting dead. Dawn of the Double Knitters.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Simply brilliant! I love that scab yarn..... can't wait to see the rest of the collection!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! What in the world was she thinking! Love the SCAB color!

Paula said...

Your point-and-laugh attitude is a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry for the folks who lost money from the yarn zombies, but the drama got really old really fast. Congratulations on using it as a creative springboard.