Thursday, January 08, 2009

dyeing day

so-- i spend today playing. i'm generally pleased.


I dyed this yarn which is a lot different than my typical, highly saturated colors... I believe i'll call it Prairie Soliloquy. I dyed it with the picture in mind...


I wanted that sense of isolation... I'm not sure i quite captured it, but i like the yarn anyway!


then i played with other yarn... none is dry enough to show yet, but i'm really thrilled with some orange and red and purpley stuff. it is gorgeous.

i picked up kids, and then the sun set... it could not have been a more lovely, productive day...
and as days often do here... it ended with beauty. this, this is why i live here...
between the isolation of that rundown house and the gorgeous color of this sunset... it is worth it. totally worth it.

1 comment:

mrae said...

omwaraBeautiful Yarn, and more Beautiful Pics!!!
Mona