Sunday, January 16, 2005

A New Week of Spinning and some leftovers

Hey--
A good week, mostly. I've been getting lots more bids on my yarn on ebay. Check out the auctions for castleman.spf and you'll see. Most of the skeins below are this week. A few are retakes of pictures I wasn't happy with, and the pics of a bunch of little skeins are leftovers that I'll auction in bigger lots. Some were spun this week, some in the past.

I am particularly happy with the three skeins together that are titled "gorgeous overdyed brown wool" also "brilliant" and "pastels". "Funky pyrple" is strange. the wool was full of little bits of short cuts but I was playing with spinning it anyway. I dyed it in the wool and then carded and spun it. The result is a rather strange, but appealing looking and feeling wool.

the "strange felted wool" is from some roving I was given, it was harsh andthen I inadvertantly almost felted it while dyeing it. So I went with that. after I had spun it I rubbed every inch of yarn while it was still wet until the whole skein is felted. Strange but interesting. NOT SOFT!!!

Soft fall is a very pretty pastel-y yarn. It is really soft and fuzzy. I spin it from hand combed white top and then painted the singles. I was planning on plying it but it came out so pretty I decided to leave it as singles.

How was your week???

No comments: