Friday, April 08, 2005

New yarn --wow it's been awhile

Hey--
Today I got new yarn...lots of interesting bits and pieces. The "playing with purple" is just that. I threw some silk and some llama and some wool all in a dye pot together. then I carded it together and spun it. it is quite pretty but not soft. The lace weight blue silk is really soft though. I'm really proud of it...it is some of the most even really fine stuff I've spun. The two bulky wool yarns are really fun. The natural white is kind of unusual for me but it was so pretty I just couldn't make myself dye it....

so what's your favorite?

I have some very pretty purple and blue llama coming and some orange llama and some autumn llama. funny...I go in spurts right now I guess i'm really into llama. a friend sent me some first sheering of a llama. It took more than 9 months to arrive and now i'm really having fun with it.

rn/

2 comments:

Kary said...

Wonderful spinning ... what FUN little skeins!

luvs2knit said...

Rita, do you spin everything from your drop spindle? or do you have spinning wheel? Your spinning is lovely.