Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Dyeing with Poms

I used dried pomegranite skins that i had saved. Unfortunately, some molded so i ended up throwing almost half of what i had saved away. the dye vat started out yellow and got quite orange but produced no red shades. I got yellows and browns.








Top right: basic yellow--silk w/ alum

bottom right: silk w/ copper
top middle: ammonia and a second boiling of the dye stuffs

bottom middle: second dyeing in ammonia/poms

far left: vinegar added to the original dye vat

2 comments:

caillie said...

I love the top right color! It is really nice!

Helen said...

I have no patience for dying. Much as I try. I used to enjoy it but no more.

You do it well.