Sunday, February 27, 2005

interesting week

well---
my week has been "interesting". My computer pooped out so I'm working on an older computer that I'm just not used to yet. Can't wait to get my computer back. I got silk!!!! Yeah! I hand painted to silk for the three skeins pictured below. Which one is your favorite? Oddly enough, they are all exactly the same dye pot. Boy they don't look the same at all.

I am starting to sell spinning kits on ebay. I'm kind of excited. The spindles are hand decorated! What do you think?

I got an odd question about how long it takes to spin a yard. I suppose in theory a single yard takes less than a minute. But that doesn't include any of the prep time to get to where I can spin it. Dying takes time. Washing, carding and combing all take time. Spinning takes time. Plying takes time. Steaming to set the spin takes time. a single skein of yarn may take as much as an hour in real time to get completely done. Sometimes more. It just depends.

So, the silk is great. This is Tussah, a honey colored top. I'm debating about price to start those auctions at. we'll see.

drop me a line...let me know what you think....any questions? just ask...

see yah
rn/

No comments: